This Sunday ritual of mine is dairy free, refined sugar free and low gluten.
1 banana mashed
1/2 cup oat flour
1 egg whisked (or flax egg)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dash of almond mylk
Chia berry sauce:
1 cup frozen berries of choice
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Drizzle of pure maple syrup
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium size pan.
2. Use a fork to combine the banana, flour, egg, mylk and cinnamon in a bowl until smooth and free from any lumps. Alternatively you can place all ingredients in a blender and process for a few seconds.
3. Pour desired amount of batter into pan and cook for 2-3min before flipping and cooking for a further 2mins. Watch closely as these pancakes will not bubble like regular ones!
4. Meanwhile prepare your sauce by melting the berries stove top in a small pot over medium heat. Once warmed, add the chia seeds and drizzle of pure maple and stir until sauce thickens. You can mash any large berries with the back of a fork.
5. Serve pancakes with the sauce drizzled on top with an extra drizzle of pure maple if so desired!